Seeing that it’s berry season (and always wine season) we fell in love with this recipe the moment we saw it! It has all the right ingredients to enjoy on a warm spring day… strawberries, mascarpone cheese, and our favorite — wine! With a dash of ONEHOPE Merlot this sweet treat is sure to hit the spot. This recipe is great for just about any occasion, but we recommend making a batch for Mom this weekend. Seems like the perfect way to celebrate Mother’s Day to us! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 1/2 cups ONEHOPE Merlot
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- 1. Combine mascarpone, cream, and 2 tablespoons sugar; scrape seeds from vanilla bean into mixture (reserve pod). Beat with a mixer on low speed until soft peaks form. Cover and chill.
- 2. In a 4- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, frequently stir wine, lemon juice, remaining sugar, and vanilla bean pod until mixture is simmering, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in strawberries. Let cool about 1 hour.
- 3. Ladle strawberries and liquid into wineglasses or goblets (at least 8 oz.). Top with mascarpone cream.